Roleplay 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bounty-ful

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Akiralta

Bounty-ful - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm

"Shall we?" Kestrel said to Thea, pulling up her hood and hunching her shoulders. Though Kestrel didn't look quite as impoverished, she felt that she seemed miserable enough.

Aurelia smiled wolfishly at Ephraim as she went through the door.

"Such a gentleman."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Thea nodded and followed Aurelia out the door.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Ephraim returned the smile slyly, "One does one's best." He replied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Kestrel took a last look at the maps before handing them off to Aurelia.

"I think I've got the basic layout. You guys can plan your route while we're out."

Aurelia nodded, threw her hood up and headed out of the inn.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Ephraim followed Aurelia out the door and along the streets for a time. "So," he began, "am I with you to prevent me from doing something you might regret, or am I here because you think I'll be the most useful in developing a strategy with what we've got?" He walked a little further in silence before adding, "Or is it both?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:45 am

"Both," Aurelia said evenly, "Thea's given us a fairly accurate idea of what she's capable of and I think Kestrel could handle that, but you're a bit of a closed book in that regard. My job here is to keep Kestrel safe, and keeping an eye on you until you've proved trustworthy is part of that. But, yes, I think you'll prove a good strategist for what we're doing."

Meanwhile, Kestrel prepared to leave the inn.

"Let's say we're visiting a friend," she suggested, "but we're not quite sure where she lives."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:59 pm

"I will assure you again that I mean her no harm, for what little that's worth." Ephraim said, "The fact of the matter is, if she's more or less who she says she is, then I think things will go along swimmingly, and I have no reason to doubt her word. Furthermore, as she is providing me with a way to look around and find more contacts, learn more, earn a little additional money, and, with any luck, also giving me the opportunity for no shortage of fascinating adventures, I hope you will believe me when I say that I will not only bring no danger to her, but also do what I can to protect her from harm." He sped up until he passed Aurelia before turning around to face her whilst walking backwards, "Though, to be honest, even if I hated her, I'd probably still defend her if only to see what you'd do with that."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 pm

"who are we saying this to?" Thea asked, "I thought we were only looking around, not asking questions..."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Aurelia sighed.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about hidden agendas where Kestrel is concerned. She's almost completely guileless, especially where her intentions are concerned. But you'll have to forgive me if I don't trust you after a few hours of acquaintance. I'm not built that way."

Aurelia strode past Ephraim and skipped lightly down the stairs to the docks.

"If anyone asks," Kestrel clarified, "It's good to have a story ready. Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 pm

"It would be a terrible disappointment if you were." Ephraim observed, following Aurelia down.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:24 pm

"Ready!" Thea said, heading in the direction of the target, "This should be fun!"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:22 am

Aurelia ignored Ephraim, instead simply leading him to the ship. Inside, she dumped out one bucket of rainwater and stuck the bucket back under the leak. Once Ephraim was inside, she pulled the door shut behind him.

"You cold?" she asked, heading over to a small portable heater sitting in one corner.

"Try to keep it a little less bouncy," Kestrel advised dryly. The two of them headed towards the west side of town, Kestrel pulling up the map in her head as she went.

"Should be in the next block," she said, frowning slightly with the effort of recall, "Seen anything unusual so far?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 am

"No..." Thea said, rolling her eyes, "and I do know how to act down on my luck."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 am

"Sorry," Kestrel smiled, "I keep forgetting that you're a lot older than you look."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 am

"Am I?" Thea asked, a twinkle in her eye, but still a sullen looking face.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:05 am

"No, I'm fine, thanks." Ephraim said, sitting at the table, "Now, on to more important matters."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 am

Kestrel grinned and gave Thea a light push.

"Don't mess with me, girl, I'm having a hard enough time as is."

Aurelia nodded and headed back to the table. She spread out the maps and the lists and schedules and stared for a minute. Finally, she said, "Well, it looks like the most dangerous time for Counter will be when he goes out looking for an information broker, which it looks like he won't do until tomorrow. But it depends on which assassin is coming. The one circled on the list likes to attack in the streets, but a couple of the others look like they tend to attack a sleeping target, in which case we could be in trouble as soon as tonight."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:46 pm

"I will give you a brief respite from teasing then," Thea said, "but I will not hold off forever. The world would be boring without it. Perhaps I can tease the others a bit though..."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:17 pm

"Naturally," Ephraim smirked, "so, what do you think? Should we split and watch him in pairs? I figure unless he's one of their best I could probably take him on my own, and I'm sure you're confident of the same, and Kestrel seems fairly capable, though I don't know about Thea. Either way, with two we could probably take the guy out, and it's the cleanest way to constantly watch him without exhausting ourselves. Also, two are less likely to be seen. The other option would be to alert Counter to our existence and try to set something up with his cooperation, but there are many variables with that approach."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Kestrel smiled again.

"Nah, don't worry about it. I can take a bit of ribbing any day."

She looked around the area and wrinkled her nose. There was one open square, but other than that, the streets were tight and narrow. The grid pattern of the central city had fallen to the wayside and streets dead-ended or jutted off in a different direction without any discernible pattern. The approach to the front of the tenement was fairly open, but the sides and back were rabbit warrens. Kestrel sighed.

"I suppose it'd be too much to ask for the assassin to come through the front."

Aurelia leaned back in her chair.

"Oh, I wouldn't rate myself that highly. And Kestrel's strong, yes, but I'd worry about putting her up against anyone with actual training. I say the two of us go on shift tonight in case our assassin attacks then. If no one shows, we should all follow him through the streets tomorrow, since there are so many more variables. I wouldn't count on a Marid assassin taking more than a few hours more than this Akiralta to find Counter. I trust you can do with one sleepless night?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 pm

"I do not think any decent assassin would use the front door..." Thea commented, "though we could encounter one that did, I somehow doubt this family would use such a person."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 pm

"I know. It's probably not going to happen," Kestrel said sadly, ruffling her hair absently, "And if they did, they'd probably be the sort that we wouldn't recognize until it's too late.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:07 am

Ephraim grinned wryly, "no, one night shouldn't be too much of a problem, I've just generally found it best not to run oneself down whenever possible, that's all."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 pm

"Very possible," Thea said, "and we should most probably be making our way back to the ship soon."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Aurelia shrugged.

"I find that it isn't too much of a problem for me, generally, as long as I don't make a habit of it. And of course, staying alert is always more of a problem than staying awake."

"Yeah," Kestrel agreed, "we've probably checked out our area well enough. I trust Aurelia more with the alleys and all of that."

She turned to head back to the ship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bounty-ful
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay 2.0 :: Roleplays :: Roleplays-
Jump to: