Roleplay 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bounty-ful

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Bounty-ful - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:27 pm

"Now might not be the best time to admit to having successfully tricked one of these." Ephraim said nonchalantly before signing it, "but if it makes you feel better."
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:05 am

"I did not say I had tricked one, I said they are unreliable." Thea corrected him, "They can be useful to a degree though, and I thought that they should be told in case someone has tried to sell them the spell saying that they are very reliable."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 am

Kestrel looked at Aurelia, raising an I-told-you-so eyebrow. Aurelia shrugged.

"I was more interested in your reaction to signing them. Neither of you hesitated when you heard they were spelled. Which they aren't, anyways. We can't afford that. But you signed the contract, so that's good enough for me anyways."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:28 am

"Alright then, is this where you outline the plan, or do you ask what we can do first?" Ephraim asked.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 am

"I'm interested in what you can do, other than the obvious stuff like her magic and your guns," Kestrel said, getting off topic with a further, "Where the hell did you get that many guns, anyways?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am

Ephraim shrugged, "here and there. If I stay around long enough, perhaps I'll tell you. At this time, all you need to know is that they're of high quality, and I can use them. Well. As for additional skills, I'm capable of a little magic, and I've no small measure of skill in combat."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:47 am

Kestrel shrugged. "Fair enough. What kind of distance can you manage a shot from?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:53 am

"Depends on the gun," Ephraim said, "the Caether is effective to 30 metres, the Mylers are good for 40, the buck of the Mylers is only good for about three or four, but if someone's standing there, they won't be for long." As he spoke, he drew out each of the guns in question our from under his coat and laid them on the table in front of the party, "and the sword's guns are really only meant for a little further than the Myler buck. If I have time to aim, I can usually improve the range for the first two, but the buck and the sword just don't have the barrel length for accuracy."

Last edited by Lifalcor on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:56 am

"Okay. We're not going for lethal force here, but it's good to know," Kestrel said, taking notes on a crumpled sheet of paper that on closer inspection was the back of an earlier draft of the contract, "What's your magic like?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 am

"I'm competent enough at straight channeling, but I prefer the use of spell patterns, generally runic in nature; doesn't necessarily give my position away like speech can." Ephraim said.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 am

"I think it would be easier to show you my abilities than to tell you..." Thea said, "I have rather an unusual mix of abilities."

Thea suddenly looked like an old hunched up lady, then a young boy, then a smaller version of Kestrel, then an exact copy of Kestrel. The last one vanished fairly quickly to reveal the form she came in with. Then, with a little glow, she transformed into a red fox and ran around the room, winding between people's legs. A few moments later her usual form reappeared in the centre of the room.

"As you could see earlier, I can also do a few small things with the elements."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:50 pm

"Deceit and trickery" Ephraim nodded appreciatively, "always handy to have on your side. And what of you two?" he asked, turning to Kestrel and Aurelia, "what can you do, and why should I trust my life to you and your plan?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Aurelia tapped the rapier at her side. "I can assure you that this isn't for show. I'm proficient at spell-writing, though I can't channel worth a damn. I also have certain... other knowledge and talents that I'm not willing to divulge. I'm hoping those won't become relevant. And you can rest assured that I'm not holding out on you--Kestrel doesn't even know about them."

"And as for me," Kestrel began, pushing herself out of her chair, "I'd rather show you." She walked over to Ephraim's chair and picked it up, with him still in it. She held him in the air for a couple of seconds before placing the chair gently back onto the ground. "Means I can wield that," she gestured with her chin over to the massive sword in the corner, "at regular speed. I can also drive any airship decently, this one far beyond decently, and I've got experience in ship-to-ship combat. Oh, and I've got just enough channeling ability to activate a good written spell."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 am

"Well, it appears that we have a few people who can use magic then," Thea said, "and more than that who can use a weapon. I think this bodes well..."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:45 am

"Indeed" Ephraim agreed, looking down at the chair, and then appreciatively at Kestrel "we do appear to be a group with a good many skills. All right then, with that all out of the way, what's the plan? You say we need intel, how're we going to get it?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Now that she was back into the rehearsed plan, Kestrel stood straighter. Her voice was noticeably smoother, though she talked as though she was speaking to herself.

"Our first problem with intelligence is the reason why the bounty's so high--he's in the middle of nowhere and hasn't left any obvious traces. Now, I said obvious traces because there's no way anyone can go missing completely. There's always a link somewhere. That said, tracing that isn't the sort of thing any of us specialize in, so it would take longer than we have. There are a lot of people who do specialize in that sort of thing, but their services are more than we can afford. Now, there's one person I've heard of who might do this sort of work on spec. She's new in town, from what I understand, but she's starting to get a good reputation. She's known to be reachable in the Century Inn most evenings. So I propose we start there."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 pm

"I'm open to that," Thea said, "when do we leave?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Aurelia pulled out a pocket watch.

"We have a few hours anyways. But I suggest we head out anyways, since it's rather cold and wet here and the only form of entertainment around is a deck of cards missing the two of earth and the ace of fire. It would be... preferable to sit somewhere warm where we can get a good meal."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:24 pm

"Works for me" Ephraim said, "you got somewhere in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:35 am

"There's no harm in going to the Century Inn a little ahead of schedule," Aurelia suggested, "They have some good food and don't mind if you take some time to eat it."

"Plus it's cheap," Kestrel added wryly.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:49 pm

"sounds fine to me," Thea said, "Do you think I should remain looking as I am, or change my appearance? If I do something larger it could wear me out faster but may be more inconspicuous..."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:26 pm

"Save yourself for later," Kestrel said decisively, "The Century isn't picky about who it serves."

"But if we're looking to be inconspicuous," Aurelia interjected, "you could change your hair style and your colouring and pass for a dwarf."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:29 pm

"I'm afraid I made a promise to a friend never to impersonate a dwarf," Thea said, "I could however..."
She trailed off as she changes appearance, so that she looked like a slightly altered younger version of Kestrel.
"Will this do?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Kestrel visibly whitened.

"No," she said curtly, "You can't be my little sister. I already have one, and you're not her. If you don't want to go as a dwarf, just go as your normal self. It can't draw that much attention."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Thea shrugged and changed into a young female version of Ephraim.
"I think it best if we seem to be all of the same race, and being a sibling makes things simpler and safer." Thea said, "If you don't want me to look like your sibling, I can look like another's. I am sorry if my appearance bothered you, but it is only an illusion."

Last edited by Lillia on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bounty-ful
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay 2.0 :: Roleplays :: Roleplays-
Jump to: