Roleplay 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bounty-ful

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:35 am

Thea skipped into the room, once again in her cute little girl form, and smiled at the man. "Do not worry, we have ensured your safety from that man." she said calmly before curling up in a chair and to all appearances falling asleep.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:59 pm

The bookkeeper threw up his hands.

"Don't ask me! She's crazy! She stuffed a handkerchief into her wound, killed the second assassin, dropped the body in the alleyway and then dragged me off to a butcher's so she could buy steaks for dinner! The last thing I was going to do was ask about leaving a note!"

There was indeed a package of meat sitting on the counter, blood leaking slightly from the wrapper.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Thea opened one eye and glanced at the package on the counter. She wrinkled her nose and made a small disgusted noise before peeking at the bookkeeper. She smirked a little at his dismay before closing her eye again and going back to "sleep".
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:29 pm

"The question was rhetorical," Ephraim explained to the bookkeeper, "I didn't actually expect you to have an answer. Second assassin, though? That's not so good for you. What were you doing, going out so late, anyway? You must know that there are those who want you dead."
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 6:15 pm

The bookkeeper shrugged.

"I worked on some of the Marid's financial records for years, in a little frontier town, not even on the important stuff. I decided I wanted to leave, so I sent a resignation letter to my superiors and let them know I'd bring the records into town here. Next thing I know, people start trying to kill me! It's not exactly something I'm used to."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:04 am

"You worked for the Marid family and thought they'd just let you go?" Ephraim said, "That's... painfully optimistic."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Thea yawned and bounced up from where she was curled up. "Perhaps we should ensure that Aurelia is truly unharmed?" She asked Kestrel, while inspecting the bookkeeper, a tiny smirk still on her face.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:24 pm

The bookkeeper shook his head.

"Do you have any idea how many people the Marids employ? Thousands, maybe even tens of thousands. There'd be bodies littered in the streets if they killed everyone who left. It's only the people who've sworn an oath that aren't allowed to leave, and trust me, I wasn't important enough for that."

Kestrel nodded at Thea and went over to the bunkroom door, rapping it quietly.

"Go away," moaned Aurelia, "Unless you're bringing me dinner."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:01 pm

"Evidently you are mistaken." Ephraim said. "Or lying. Could be either one, really."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:11 pm

The bookkeeper stood up, chair scraping along the floor.

"I'm not a spy, I'm not a bounty hunter, and I'm certainly not an assassin. I add things up and do reports on how the numbers change month to month. And now the Marids are trying to kill me, and no one believes me, and I don't know what to do!"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:46 pm

"Hmm." Ephraim puzzled over the bookkeeper's words for a moment, before he wandered over to the table to grab the steaks. "Cap'n, I'll bring the first mate her dinner." He said, walking over to the bunkroom. "It's probably nothing, but keep an eye on this man." He whispered to Kestrel as he passed her, "His story isn't adding up." Having cautioned Kestrel, he passed through the door quickly, and looked for Aurelia on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Thea motioned for the bookkeeper to retake his seat before looking at Kestrel. "Have there been preparations made for our meal?" she asked, looking around.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:11 pm

The bunkroom was almost completely dark and Aurelia groaned at the opening of the door.

"I was having such a good nap and you decide to barge in and light up the whole room just so you can bring me raw steak?"

Outside, Kestrel studied her feet briefly.

"Um, there's potatoes and stuff... But I don't really... I mean, I thought I'd just learn to cook when I got married."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Ephraim restrained himself from smirking at Kestrel's comment. "Oh come now," he said to Aurelia, making some quick gestures with his hand to cast a spell, "you were already awake from Kestrel's banging on the door. Besides, it's not like you want your steak much more cooked than this anyway. Also, the bookkeeper is lying to us. I figured you'd like to know."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:38 am

Thea sniffed in disdain and replied, "I certainly will not cook that for you. The man does appear to be frightened, though wether of us or the assassins it cannot be clear."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Aurelia snorted delicately.

"Lying to you? Good on him, he might be growing a spine. I thought he was too much of a gibbering paper-pusher to think on his own, personally. And I'll take my steak medium rare today, thank you very much. I'm not sure about the butcher's standards."

In the kitchen, Kestrel pulled out some onions and root vegetables and stared at them, willing them to somehow cook themselves.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 3:53 pm

"I think he's counting on that assumption." Ephraim said, "Either that, or Akiralta's intel was bad. Between the two, I'm more inclined to assume a worker for the Marid family is lying to us over an information broker running with bad intel." He looked at the meat in his hand, "As for the meat, that's not a bad point. Nonetheless, the steaks were merely an excuse to come in here. If you don't mind my nabbing one for myself, I'll go make them up when we're done here. By the way, I've spelled the door. For the next fifteen minutes or so, provided it's completely shut, like now, there should be little-to-no noise getting through, so calling out to us won't get much done. Just so you're aware."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Thea giggled over Kestrel's expression then set about frying them in a pan, adding some spices and oil.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Aurelia stared at Ephraim for a second, then burst into laughter that shook the entire bunk.

"Haha... Ow... Ha! If I didn't... know better, I'd think you were suggesting..." She dissolved into laughter again and it took a minute for her to compose herself. "Sorry, but you need to work on your approach. Coming in, meat in hand, me lying in bed, noise suppression spell..."

In the kitchen, Kestrel made a point of studying Thea's cooking, staring intently.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:46 pm

"The intention was to discuss a strategy for dealing with the disingenuous accountant in a location and manner such that he couldn't hear." Ephraim explained, suddenly very glad for the noise suppression spell, "I assumed that our captain could watch over a lone bookkeeper without too much trouble, so I came in here to form a plan. Besides, even if there wasn't the problem of a lying ex-Marid, whose status as ex-Marid we have only his word on, I would never come in and make such a proposition." He continued, irritation masking his embarrassment, "I will admit that perhaps I could have phrased my statements in a fashion better suited for the situation at hand, but even so..."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 12:52 pm

"Yes, yes, that was my second thought," Aurelia said dismissively, "The first thought was just too funny to resist, especially since I've been propositioned that way before. More seriously, the accountant has no ability to handle himself in a fight. He froze completely. So he's not what he claims to be, but I don't think he's any physical danger."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Thea raised an eyebrow at Kestrel's stare and shook her head saying, "I do not think you will learn an abundance from me, as I have only a small amount of experience myself."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm

"Well, that's good to know." Ephraim said, "Though I'm still a little concerned about his lying to us. I understand that he's probably trying to cover himself by not giving anything away, but he might have important information that would change our plans somewhat. For example, he might know something that would give away why the Marids would risk sending two assassins at once instead of the one we all expected."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Kestrel shrugged.

"I know how to clean a bird and stick it in the oven. That's about it."

Aurelia sighed.

"I think he's too scared to open up to us. He knows we're bounty hunters by now and he knows he's worth a bounty. He'll probably try to pull a runner, but he'll have to be really sure of his timing since he knows we just took out two Marid assassins."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:18 am

Ephraim nodded, "Alright," He said, "I can deal with that. I'm still perturbed by the presence of two agents, though. Just how important is this guy?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bounty-ful
Page 11 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay 2.0 :: Roleplays :: Roleplays-
Jump to: