Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Aiding the Spirits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Galileo sat back to examine the goings on. "Well, I think it's safe to assume they're not mercs, judging by how squeamish this one is." He mulled over his thoughts for a moment. "Besides the fact that she's a healer, what could they want with Ashera?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:50 pm

By the time Ashera had finished healing the man's arm, Myrddin had cleaned the wound and applied the medicine Ashera had given him. When Galileo spoke he was in the middle of dressing the wound. "Probably just wanted a healer." He said, without looking away from his work, "Sadly, kidnapping of those blessed with healing isn't unheard of. Wait..." He said after a moment of thought, "She never introduced herself to you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Galileo held his hands up, palms out. "I confess, I did shadow you a bit before we met more formally here by the fire. I meant no ill, I simply like my entrances." Ha sat back, folding his fingers in his lap. "Make no mistake, I have been called by the spirits for the same reason as you. We are brothers and sisters on the same quest."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Now that the immediate need for him to attend to the injured man was over, Myrddin's hands started to shake as the fact that he was almost killed sank in. When he finished dressing the wound, he fell onto his back and covered his eyes with his hands, his breathing kept in check only through sheer force of will. "By Caladry, that was... not fun." He said, before looking over to Galileo, tremors in his voice, "You know what? You just saved my life, I think I'm going to trust you for now." With that said, Myrddin stopped trying to resist the quakes roaring through his body, and instead focused very hard on something more pleasant.

Myrddin had just turned thirteen. He had been working very hard to manage his village's resources, and, after spending months taking the information he had learned and adapting it into a new system feasible for his village and then putting it into effect, there was finally something significant to show for it. Production of crops was up 25%, and the village finances were doing better than ever. As a thank you, the village had, without informing Myrddin of their plan, decided to use twenty percent of the additional funds earned by Myrddin's system to buy for him three rare manuscripts off of a travelling merchant that had come into town a week earlier.

Myrddin remembered his initial confusion at being presented with the large parcel, and had attacked it with enthusiasm brought about as much by curiosity as excitement. When he finally managed to open the rudimentary box, and had extracted the three musty old tomes held within, joy overwhelmed him. He knew how much the village must have put into getting the gift for him, and at that moment in his life, he had never felt more loved. What's more, the subjects looked to be quite interesting, one tome being a study on an ancient language largely forgotten, while the other two were collections of ancient oral tales, collected and written down many ages ago.

Myrddin read all three of the tomes cover to cover that night, and spent many evenings afterwards reliving both the experience of receiving the gifts as well as the experience of reading them. He would recall fondly the feel of the ancient vellum as it passed under his hand, the musty old smell of the leather binding, the deeply satisfying thud the books made when they were dropped onto his desk for reading.

With that memory, Myrddin was able to drive away the experience of the ambush, and dull the immediacy of what had happened. He could forget, even just temporarily, the sharp pain of the blade parting his skin, the feeling of his own blood warmly flowing down his arm, the sounds of the brief skirmish all around him. Almost immediately, his breathing levelled, and after a few moments his shivering started to subside.
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:57 am

Ashera began making a tea with another herb produced from her bag as soon as she finished the healing. Though he appeared much better, she gave Myrddin a cup first, then one to each other member of the group. It was a herb meant to slow heart rate and promote relaxation and clear headedness. After pouring herself a cup, she sat down by the fire and slowly sipped on it. She thought it best not to use the special canteen she had on her hip. That was for emergencies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:16 am

Galileo politely declined the tea,  and instead busied himself restraining the unconscious attackers. He was careful with the knots,  tying them so they wouldn't come undone,  but so that they wouldn't be too uncomfortable for the still wounded men.  With that,  he began gently waking up the one with the shoulder wound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:31 am

The man groaned again and stirred a bit, seeming rather confused. He looked around himself then tried to move, seeming momentarily shocked to find that he was restrained. Ashera, seeing his distress, handed Galileo the tea he had earlier refused and gestured at the man before quickly edging away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:50 pm

"Here," He said, holding the tea up to the man, "drink this. It will calm your nerves a bit." Galileo paused for a moment to let the man decide weather or not he would have some tea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:34 pm

The man looked between the tea, Ashera, and the others drinking the tea before nodding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:17 pm

After the man had finished the tea and seemed to have calmed down a bit, Galileo resumed his interrogation from earlier. "All right. I'd like to know why you attacked us. Why were you so adamant about getting the healer from us, and why did you have to be so violent about it? This isn't any kind of accusation, I'm just curious at this point."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:25 pm

"My brother was taken by a group of men." The man began, "Recently some of the people in my village had stolen something from them, and they were angry with my village. Then a man came to me in the night and said that if I went down this road I would find a group with a healer, and that if I took the healer and brought her to him he would get my brother back. He's only 10! Please, I was just trying to do my best to look after him. I'm all he has!"

Meanwhile, Ashera had moved over to the other man and was looking him over. Placing a hand on his forehead, she closed her eyes. A moment later she opened them, frowning. Apart from a small cut on his arm, his largest injury appeared to be a rather bad head wound from falling onto a rock. Taking some yellow petals out of her bag, she began mixing them with the remainder of the warm water that she had used for the tea. Once that was mixed in she added a pinch of powder from a vial as well as a few different pieces brown strips. After letting it sit for a few moments, she picked out the petals and brown and brought it over to the man. She carefully poured the smallest amount into his mouth and waited to see if he would swallow. Once he did, she slowly gave him the rest, a small bit at a time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:43 pm

Myrddin sat up when offered the drink, and very slowly and deliberately began sipping it. as he drank, he watched and listened to the interrogation with interest.
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:46 pm

"Calm down, good man. " Said Galileo, "You've gotten yourself into quite the situation. I'm going to need a few more details if I'm to understand this properly. First off, tell me more about this 'group of men'; basic who they are and what was stolen. Second, I'm going to need a better description of this man who told you about us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:53 pm

"I really don't know much more...all I know is from what my neighbour over there said!" He said. "I don't know anything about the man really, he was wearing a hood..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:00 pm

Galileo paused for a moment.  "Well then... All right then.  Not much to go on.  Tell you what,  in the morning,  we'll take you back to your village,  and we'll see what we can do to sort this out.  If you can behave yourselves overnight,  we might just be able to untie you in the morning.  Nothing personal;  your first impression was a bit iffy,  that's all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:11 pm

"I understand," the man said, "thank you for not just killing us...my neighbour can tell you more so you'll have more to go on. How is he? I saw him fall, but I can't see him from here. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:17 pm

Looking over, Galileo saw Ashera busying herself with tending to him. He turned back to the man in front of him. "He's in good hands. Don't worry yourself, just rest. I tried for more if a stopping hit than an injuring hit, but it was a knife to the shoulder all the same. I apologize for that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:23 pm

The man smiled at him and said sleepily, "oh...my name is Merick...I don't know why I'm so sleepy..." He quickly fell into a light sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Galileo put a blanket over them man and turned to the rest of the party. "All right then. We now have on our hands two wounded and mis-informed men, and an incredibly flimsy lead. Also, little Ashera is apparently a glowing target. What a lovely evening we're all having." with that, he unrolled his sleeping pad. "If there's any more gripping details, I've missed, do tell. If not, I think I'll take thus opportunity to turn in myself." He sat down and politely waited for anyone to add anything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:41 pm

Myrddin also was feeling very tired, so when Galileo lay down, he set himself up to do likewise.
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Ashera had just finished feeding the man the tea when he began to have a grand-mal seizure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:52 am

Galileo herd the sounds of the man's thrashing and looked over. After seeing what was happening he rushed over. "What's wrong with him?" He asked Ashera.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:34 pm

Myrddin watched in fascinated horror as the man spasmed on the ground before him.
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Galileo carefully moved in and grasped the sides of the man's head, trying to prevent it from bashing around too much. "Is there anything you can do for him?" He asked Ashera, forcing his voice to remain calm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Jocasta calmly started moving whatever she could away from the man's convulsions. Then she grabbed Myrddin and hauled him to his feet.

"Go to my other pack and grab a change of clothes. He might need it."

Poor kid has the look of those raw recruits that disappear in the middle of the night just before battle, Jocasta reflected, And I don't think I can teach him how to deal with it because he thinks he knows everything already. And thinks I'm a barbarian.

Jocasta turned back to the man and Galileo.

"Put something under his head to prop it up. Don't restrain him. Then roll him onto his side. Do you need my help with that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   

Back to top Go down

Aiding the Spirits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next