Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Aiding the Spirits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:56 pm

"I think you'll find Asher to be better mannered than most travellers you get through here." said Galileo, with the faintest hint of an edge to his voice. "And cleaner." He pulled out his coin purse. "The stew and ale sounds lovely. I'll also take a raw cut of meat, if that wouldn't be too much trouble."

Asher calmly returned the innkeeper's gaze from where he sat beside Galileo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:06 am

Myrddin's face went right back into his hands after Galileo spoke. "Really?" He asked no one in particular, his voice muffled by the obstruction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:55 am

The man cooly matched Galileo's gaze before shrugging and saying, "I guess if you don't want to follow the rules here you won't be eating tonight."

That said he turned his attention to other tasks and ignore the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:23 am

Galileo smiled. "No matter. I think I'm in the mood for venison anyways. Asher." He turned on his heel and walked out the door. As he walked past the others, he said, "I'll be setting up camp off the edge of town if anyone wants to join." He slowed briefly by Jocasta, "Dawn, outskirts. Discrete." Then he continued on, contemplating how to prepare the leftover deer, Asher in tow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:04 pm

The barkeep shrugged and muttered, "good riddance!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:10 pm

"I'd... still like some stew." Myrddin said, trying to get the barkeeper's attention. "How much for just the stew?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:12 pm

"Stew and waters 9." The barkeep said, glaring.

Outside, Ashera looked between Galileo and Myrddin before looking to Jocasta for a decision. She felt out of place in the bar, but somewhere warm might be nice. The brothers also seemed to be looking to Jocasta to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:37 pm

Myrddin frowned. "nine coppers for stew, and one for ale? Either the ale's terrible, or I'm being punished for my companion's foolishness. Either way, it doesn't bode well for the quality of my stew." He muttered as he pondered how to proceed, not really paying attention to whether or not the barkeeper could hear him.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:45 am

Jocasta had been attending to her horse, rubbing it down and checking the tack. She called over an inn worker and arranged for a bag of feed. With that settled, Jocasta was preparing to enter the tavern when Galileo and Asher exited. She raised an eyebrow.

"Why am I not surprised?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 am

Galileo made his way to the upstream edge of town. He moved a respectable distance into the forest, and found a suitable spot for camp. He busied himself preparing food for himself and Asher, then fetched some water for tea. He left Asher to watch the camp, and made a quick circuit of the town, scouting for the most likely spot to qualify as "Outskirts." He found a spot that looked sequestered enough to be the one, then made his way back to the camp. He fixed himself some tea, then settled himself in for the evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Ashera meekly followed Jocasta knowing she would be a hindrance to anyone trying to hunt or scout.

The barkeep ignored Myrddin's mumblings and turned to serve the other patrons in the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:36 pm

Jocasta looked at the meek figure following her and sighed. Hard to meet the locals when you're being trailed by a girl who's afraid of her own shadow. Resigned, she went up to the barkeep.

"Two hot meals. One with ale. One with..." She turned to Ashera. "Milk, ale, or water, girl?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:16 pm

"oh," Ashera said, startled, "um...water?"

The barkeep looked between the two of them, his gaze lingering on Ashera's glowing form, before replying, "that'll be 16 coopers then."

Ashera reached beneath her her cloak and pulled out a small handful of cooper bits, and began to count out half.

The two men followed Galileo to help set up camp, not really liking their chances at decent treatment from the barkeep.

Last edited by Lillia on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Myrddin, overhearing the barkeeper inform Jocasta and Ashera how much their meals would cost did some quick mental arithmetic. "Excuse me," he said, when the man was near, "might I enquire as to why you would charge me nine coppers for the meal while that girl over there would pay only six for the same?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:07 am

"Merc discount, don't like it go join your wolf friend." the barkeep replied as he walked past into the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Jocasta counted her money out and placed it on the counter. She clapped Myrddin on the shoulder and used her arm to guide him to a seat.

"It's all about having a winning personality, kid. And a sword. People have a lot of respect for weapons, for some very strange reasons that all have to do with not having pointy bits of metal not stuck in them. Sit down, eat your stew, and maybe you'll come across better when your mouth is busy chewing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Myrddin pointedly ignored the insult. "I'm not paying nine coppers for mediocre stew. I'll eat more of my rations before I let myself get gouged so badly." He took the seat in front of him and started digging around in his pack. "At least this way I know what kind of meat was used." Finding what he was looking for, he pulled out a small, leaf-wrapped package that, when unwrapped, revealed a lump of what looked like meat and dried berries suspended in congealed fat. Next to this he put a small collection of fresh berries and wild vegetables. Satisfied that he had enough food, he started to eat the berries, while trying his best to ignore the scents wafting through the kitchen door to his nose. The stew didn't smell good, exactly, but it smelled hot, which was more than he could say for anything he'd eaten in the last week.

"It's ridiculous," Myrddin said, between bites of food, "I didn't say anything to the guy, and he's punishing me just for being with Galileo. I even expressed displeasure at how Galileo was behaving."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:59 pm

Jocasta raised an eyebrow.

"You need to work on your people skills, kid. Here's a tip for you--people selling things don't like it when you say you're being ripped off. Implies their merch is crap. What we want here is information, which people are more willing to give when they like you. And that means you don't just pay, you overpay when you get the chance. No matter how much they like ripping you off, part of them still feels they owe you something, and that's when you get the best intel."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Myrddin didn't blink. "No. There's no point here. First of all, we don't really want information from the barkeeper, we want it from Amy, who's already said her piece. Second, even if we did want information from this guy, my paying him what he wants wouldn't help us, it'd just make him smug knowing he got me to pay more than his product was worth. Fact: people don't feel indebted to sixteen year-old strangers they've decided to look down on. Also, please don't try to lecture me on how to communicate with people, it just comes off as painfully unselfaware. You have, in the less than 24 hours since I met you, felt compelled to insult me, a complete stranger with whom you are supposed to work, somewhere between seven and eleven times, depending on what you qualify as an insult. I don't know why you feel compelled to denigrate someone probably around half your age more or less incessantly, but it's not what I'd call good people skills." Throughout his speaking, Myrddin kept eating regularly, occasionally pausing to look at Jocasta or the barkeeper, but otherwise paying no heed to his surroundings beyond his food. "But, you know, I'm sure you can swing that sword of yours really well. If you stick to that, instead of trying to teach me how to talk to people, or, really, just talking in general, I'm sure we'll all get along just fine."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:09 am

Jocasta smirked, but her voice was deadpan.

"You've hit it on the nose, kid. Mercenary trade is obviously just about stabbing or shooting people. We never have to talk to anyone, especially not everyday people, and I've never dealt with anyone your age, which is about the age people start joining the merc trade. We're also really polite, so we never insult each other and we're always nice and kind to new recruits, just to show them the kind of life they'll be living."

She stood up.

"Now, you'll have to excuse me, but some of the patrons sitting at the bar look like they're missing some ale and someone new to talk to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:49 am

"And maybe if they're really lucky, you'll actually put in something resembling an effort to actually listen to what they say," Myrddin said, "though why would you start now?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Ashera, having followed the others to the table and sat down, looked like she was regretting that decision. She had sunk down low in her seat and pulled up her hood so no one could see her face. With every long winded lecture she shrunk down more, until she was almost level with the table. As Jocasta left the table Ashera shot her a brief pleading look before looking down at her lap again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Before Jocasta could take more than a step away from the table the barkeep set down two bowls of steaming stew on the table, one in front of Ashera and one in the empty seat Jocasta had just left. The stew, while simple, smelled much better than the scent coming out of the kitchen. A faint smell of herbs wafted up with the steam, making Ashera's mouth water.

"Here you go," he said, ignoring Myrddin, "anything else for you m'am?" He looked at Jocasta with a friendly smile, throwing a brief look at Ashera as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:23 pm

Galileo and his company sat enjoying the fire. The light was slowly fading, though the sun was still quite a bit above the horizon. The air was slowly becoming cooler, though not cold enough to warrant extra layers yet.

"So," Merrick asked, "what's with the wolf? He a pet?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryvuos

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 am

Ajax, noticing the time, decided to switch prey for the evening. Deer would probably be easier game if he hasn't found anything to narrow down the targets location yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   

Back to top Go down

Aiding the Spirits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next