Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Aiding the Spirits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:41 am

As they wandered, Myrddin considered the task ahead of them. "Hey, so what's the plan for this?" He asked Jocasta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Jocasta shrugged.

"Talk to the town loner, figure out if he's more likely crazy or actually seeing spirits. If he stinks of booze, that's an explanation too."

She paused.

"Trouble is, it's tough to tell the difference between crazy and spirit-ridden at the best of times. We just want to figure out whether this is part of our quest or not."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Ashera gave a shiver at the thought of meeting with this man. As the small group walked towards this strangers abode the sky began to darken as the sun dipped towards the horizon. Their destination was a small place on the outskirts of the village, in the opposite direction of the rest of their group.

It only took a few moments before they set eyes upon their destination. The home looked rather run down, but not totally in ruins. There was a large forest that began to the west of the place and a small lake to the east. Behind the home was a hill that blocked out any view of what was to the north. A small dirt path wound its was up to the front door, which had definitely seen better days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:37 am

As the sky darkened Ashera pulled up her hood and tried her best to hide her glow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:18 pm

"Yep, this is totally on the level;" Myrddin breathed to himself while adjusting his cloak to better protect him from the chill in the air, "nothing suspect here."
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Ashera smiled a little at the comment, then jumped a bit seeing a movement out of the corner of her eye. The door to the house creaked open and closed again, though there wasn't a person in sight. It seemed as if the door was moving on its own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Jocasta raised an eyebrow.

"Well, that's unusual."

Jocasta tugged her sword so a few inches of blade showed above the scabbard. Keeping her hand on her sword, she slowly advanced towards the door.

"Anybody home?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:35 pm

"Go away!" Called a male voice, shaking slightly, "I told you before I want no part of this! I just want to be left in peace. You can send all the mercs you want to intimidate me, I'm not giving in!"
A wave of flames cam down the path, stopping just before reaching anyone in the group. Ashera backed away, her skin glowing more. She bumped into something and started to call out, but her voice was cut off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:39 pm

A glowing orb of light appeared before Galileo and Merrick, flickering rapidly. It hovered for a moment before moving off to the south, back towards town. It came back to the men, then moved off again, as if beaconing them to follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:41 am

Jocasta swore under her breath. She faced the door, hands in front of her. In a friendly voice, she called out to the man.

"Merc I may be, but I'm here on my own initiative. I just got into town, heard about you and thought you might know something about spirits."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Myrddin didn't say anything, opting instead to see where everything was headed. The lightshow had surprised him, and he was getting ready to run, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:21 pm

"Well isn't this fun!" Called a female voice from the back of the group, "now turn slowly and drop any weapons or the healer dies!"

A woman in a dark cloak stood at the back, one hand over Ashera's mouth and one with a small dagger to her throat. Her face was scarred, and her expression showed no pity or remorse. The way she held the knife made it clear that she was very comfortable with a weapon in her hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:59 am

Galileo watched the orb with a curious expression, and rose to his feet. "Well, that's interesting," He said, almost to himself. He turned to the others. "Gentlemen, I'm going to go see what this is all about. Could hold the fort while I'm gone?" He picked up his bow, and Asher it tow, headed off after the orb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

The orb led him around the outskirts of town and into a glade of woods. Once there it vanished. A little ways to his right Galileo could hear raised voices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Asher made a quiet growl, just enough to catch Galileo's attention. His gaze flicked down to the wolf, and he fell to a low crouch, pulling out his bow and knocking an arrow. He nodded to Asher, who slipped away in silence.
Galileo crept through the shadows, keeping out of sight of the figures. He recognized his companions, but his attention was locked on the woman holding Ashera. He focused on the aggressor to hear what she was saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:20 am

Myrddin turned to face the woman holding Ashera. Seeing the situation, he slowly raised his hands to show he had no weapons on him. "I..." he began. Am in over my head? he thought, Want to go home? Have no idea what's going on? Eventually he settled on a brief "What?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:11 pm

"I said drop your weapons or she dies, are you deaf?" The woman replied, "and you can tell your friend in the trees to do the same!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Jocasta raised her hands and turned around slowly.

"Mind if I unbuckle my sheath?" she asked, "The ground's damp and I don't want any damage if it takes me a while to get back to it."

Jocasta furiously tried to gauge the distance between her and the woman. She was pretty sure the knife in her boot wasn't visible, but it also wasn't much of a weapon and definitely wasn't balanced for throwing.

"I don't know about anyone in the forest. What do you want with us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:37 pm

"You're in the way." The woman said calmly, "unbuckle if you must, and I don't care if he's with you or not, the man in the woods better drop the bow now!"

Ashera let out a small squeak as the knife left a small cut on her skin. The woman uncovered her mouth and drew a second weapon, this one she held at the ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 pm

Moving slowly, Jocasta pushed her sword back into the sheath and unbuckled her belt, threading it through the loops on her pants and the scabbard. She held the sword at arms length in front of her and dropped it. She took a couple of steps towards the woman, hands out in front of her and palms up, belt still in one hand.

"Can you tell us what we're in the way of?" Jocasta asked in the same calm, measured tone as before. "It's possible we just have a misunderstanding here. We just arrived in town and we don't have any ties to the people."

In a sharper tone, she added, "And I'll thank you to be careful with that knife."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:51 am

Galileo sighed, and leaned his bow against a tree before making his way to the others. Several knives remained out of sight on him, and he contemplated which would be quicker to draw. As he approached he took in every detail of the woman behind Ashera. He gave a small nod to his companions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:32 pm

"Nice try," the woman snarled, "we know you've been asking around. And who did you think put those two morons on your trail? We have stuff to do and we need you to leave off."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 pm

Myrddin's brow furrowed in confusion despite the circumstances. "Wait," He said, "you sent those two? You really want Ashera alive. Probably fairly unharmed. Why grab her as a shield? We really don't know what's going on, and this doesn't make us think it's unimportant. So, either you kill everyone, which, maybe you could do it if you're really blessed or have people waiting in ambush, but then why not just do it? Of course, even then there'd be issues, but... Otherwise, either there's something important we're missing, or your plan is profoundly stupid." He realised a second after he spoke that he had just insulted the woman holding a blade to Ashera's throat and grimaced in regret. "Oh, I didn't think that one through." He said quietly to himself.
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:52 am

"Well I was meant to show her to someone for confirmation before killing her," she sneered, "but under the circumstances I'm sure they'll understand!"
With that there was a sudden flurry of activity: she made a move to stab Ashera with the second dagger, while at the same time an arrow sprouted from her back. She fell, while at the same time pushing Ashera away. Ashera crumpled to the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:01 am

At the woman's sudden movement, Galileo whipped out a knife and made a half lunge toward her. He stopped short in surprise as she fell forward, And his eyes snapped from the arrow in her back to its most likely source, scanning for movement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   

Back to top Go down

Aiding the Spirits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next