Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Aiding the Spirits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:47 pm

"Exactly." Myrddin affirmed, "I can understand the value of a healer, and of course a strong tactician is important, but to have them have zero combat experience? Terrible plan. One can only conclude that either the gods screwed up, or there's some other motivation behind this group's composition."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Jocasta gave a grin, amused.

"You fancy you're a tactician, kid?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:55 pm

"It's Myrddin," Myrddin said confidently, "and yes, I do. I have a greater understanding of the theory than anyone else alive, and a greater knowledge base than anyone living or dead. The only problem, as I said, is that I have no actual experience. Everything else I have can compensate somewhat for that, but I've read enough to know better than to think that knowledge is any substitute for experience. Hence my confusion at my presence here."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Jocasta's mouth twitched. She took a deliberate slow breath.

"Well, if we're up against some theoretical enemies, I'm sure you'll be a great help."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Myrddin stood, staring dumbfounded at Jocasta for a few seconds. I'm dealing with a moron he thought to himself, a moron that can't even bother to listen to what I have to say. "Tell me," he asked Jocasta, "why exactly were you promoted to captain in your company? I wonder, because those who are commissioned to lead generally have some semblance of interpersonal skills."
Back to top Go down
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:30 am

Ashera backed away from the two of them, fearing that they were going to start fighting. Hearing another rustle in the bushes she jumped and made a small whimper, her glow increasing again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryvuos

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Ajax returned from his incredibly short and unsuccessful hunting trip, and he stated, "To much noise. Follow," in an attempt to break up the impending fight. He then collected the firewood from where he left it, deposited it into Myrddin's hands, and started going in the direction of the camp he had made earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Jocasta pulled her packs off the horse's pack, shouldering them with relative ease in spite of their size.

"I think you'd have to ask my commanding officer, kid. I can't promote myself. I'm sure he'll be impressed by the interpersonal skills you show in asking."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Ashera glanced uneasily at the spot where she'd heard the noise and moved to follow the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:53 pm

"I don't have to impress anyone with my ability to deal with people. That's not a part of what I do on a daily basis, unlike you." Myrddin spoke to Jocasta, holding the firewood awkwardly in his hands, "so I'm not really failing when I'm a little standoffish. Even so, since arriving here, I've been significantly more polite than you have."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Jocasta snorted.

"Matter of opinion, kid."

She took her horse's reins and followed Ajax into the woods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:55 am

Galileo had been ghosting around the group for some time. He'd nearly approached them on several occasions, but the entrance didn't seem quite right. These were new faces, new friends to be had (though the bald one seemed like he might be a tough nut to crack). After shadowing the bald one for a bit, he'd discovered the location of his campsite and prepared a small fire. Now all that was left was to wait. He scratched Asher behind the ears in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:29 am

Peering around Ajax as they neared the campsite, Ashera caught sight of a man sitting by the fire and froze. There was a wolf next to him, but it appeared to be acting almost like a pet. Knowing that she would only attract attention, she hid behind a tree and hoped he hadn't noticed the glow yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:37 am

Jocasta dropped her bags to one side of the clearing as she entered. She slowly cleared the hilt of her shortsword from the scabbard.

"Evening," she said to the new arrival, "What brings you here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 am

"You're not Aram again, are you?" Myrddin asked, peering around the group to ask the stranger. "Please tell me you aren't."
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:38 am

At the boy's question,  Galileo burst into merry laugh.  "You flatter me,  friend! No,  I am not Aram,  though I do owe my proficiencies to his patronage.  The name is Galileo," and gesturing to the wolf at his side, "and this is my good friend,  Asher." he turned his attention toward the one with her hand on her sword. "Let us not be wary toward one another.  Please sit,  enjoy the fire! I see you brought some extra fire wood.  Ever so kind of you. Oh,  and tell your friend she can come out from behind the tree.  I mean no harm." He chuckled to himself.  God's above,  I've met mice less skittish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Ashera peeked out from behind the tree, looking rather sheepishly at the group. She stared at the wolf for a few moments, mesmerized.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Jocasta slid the sword back into the sheath.

"Jocasta Blain. I assume the spirits sent you, too, and your wolf is well enough trained that it won't try to eat my horse."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:04 pm

"Another blessed in our group?" Myrddin said. "Works for me. What can you do?"
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Another chuckle escaped him. "That would be a yes, and also I wouldn't so much say 'well trained'; rather, 'considerate' would be the better word."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryvuos

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:14 pm

Ajax walked over to where his pack was hanging to gather some trail rations and water, ignoring the wolf. He turned to the new figure and asked, "you want last watch? We should avoid letting them do it," Ajax gestured to Myrrdin and Ashera as he finished speaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Jocasta shrugged.

"Doesn't matter much to me what words you use. Not eating my horse is the main thing." She paused, briefly, to consider the implications. "And not eating me either, though I'd imagine I'm a lot less tasty."

She turned to Ajax.

"I'll take first watch. I need to rub my horse down, anyways. I've got a tent, for anyone who need it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryvuos

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Ajax sat with his back to the fire, and unstrung his bow while eating. Ajax shrugged in response to Jocasta's offer, implying that it was a luxury he could live without.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Myrddin, feeling ignored, walked over to Asher. "Would he mind...?" He asked Galileo, gesturing towards the wolf with his open hand.
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:43 pm

"Yes,  last watch is fine for me." Galileo replied, "I'm quite the early bird,  so not a problem there." and then to Myrddin,  "I'm fine with it,  but It's really Asher's opinion you should be wondering about."

Asher lifted his nose toward the outstretched hand and gave it an inquisitive sniff.  After a moment of pondering,  he gave it a lick and settled his head back down.

"That would be a yes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aiding the Spirits   

Back to top Go down

Aiding the Spirits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next