Roleplay 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dresden: restart

Go down 
+2
Lillia
Magic_Michael
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lillia
Lillia

Dresden: restart Empty
PostSubject: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Early Monday morning, an unusually cool day for late september, Hector gets a phone call from the principal of the local high school. He'd like to meet with Hector to discuss an important matter and asks Hector to drop by the school later in the day.

Raphael and Kasper, having both recently arrived in town, are taking in the town and getting settled.

Amelia gets dropped off at the local high school for her first day.
Back to top Go down
Ryvuos

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:01 pm

Suspicious , Hector begins to research any abnormal activity involving the school and it's principle. The paranoid PI mumbles, "Better to be cautious and set a few supply drops near the school, too. You never know when some old acquaintances are going to want to have a 'chat.'"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:25 am

(If people don't object, could we use the past tense, like in a novel? Present-progressive just feels weird when doing this.)

Wandering around, Raphael looked about keenly, enjoying the rustic feel the town offered. Having just gotten off the bus, Raphael was hungry, and so set about trying to find breakfast. After about ten minutes of wandering randomly, he came across a diner and strolled in with a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:06 am

Amelia sighed as she made her way to the school office. She was not looking forward to all the stares and introductions she could expect on her first day. Her hope was to blend into the background and keep out of sight as much as possible. If the curious stares she got on her way to the office were any indication though, that would probably be difficult to do.

The waitress at the diner smiled at Raphael and showed him to a table in the nearly empty diner. Getting him a menu, she told him she'd be back for his order in a moment and went into the kitchen.

Hector searched but he was unable to find any supernatural connections to the school or to the principal.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:40 pm

Looking over the menu, Raphael was pleased to see eggs benedict available. He didn't look any further, and simply put the menu down and waited for the waitress to return.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Upon her return the waitress smiled and said,
"sorry about that hun, new in town? What'll it be?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Amelia walked into her first class and sighed as everyone turned to look at her. She could tell that they were only curious, but she hated this part of the first day. She'd faced enough of them to know that things would only get worse as the day wore on. The teacher smiled and told her to take the only empty seat, right next to a girl who was apparently somewhat new herself. The girl looked almost unearthly beautiful and after sitting down Amelia could tell that not all of the stares were directed at her: quite a few male gazes were directed at her partner.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:46 pm

Raphael flashed a smile at the waitress. "As a matter of fact, I just breezed in this morning. Haven't seen too much yet; thought I'd get a bite to eat before I went exploring. As for food, well, I think I'm going to have to go with the eggs benedict. Would it be possible to substitute the back-bacon for proper bacon? And just water to drink, thanks."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:14 pm

"Sure! We can do that!" The waitress replied, grabbing the menu, "and since you'r new you might want to wander down Elm street. Theres a small art gallery and a few churches, as well as the high school. It's a really nice looking area of town!"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Raphael thought for a moment. "Elm street... Sounds good. I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks!"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:02 am

"no problem," the waitress replied, "come back anytime!" She winked and then walked away.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Roz was too busy glaring at the desk to notice much about the new girl beside her. She took apart her pen and put it back together a couple of times before glancing down at herself to see if her neckline had slipped lower again. As usual, it had. Tugging up the tank top, she suppressed a groan of frustration. I swear I must emit some kind of sexy entropy field. Maybe I should go back to loose jeans and hoodies. She looked at the clock and sighed. At least it's only an hour until Physics.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Amelia glanced at the girl sitting next to her out of the corner of her eye. The girl was glaring, which made Amelia feel a bit nervous. When the teacher told the students to talk with their partner and come up with an answer to his question together she gulped. Hopefully the glare wouldn't turn on her...

Teacher's question: What makes a good novel and why?
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:04 am

When the waitress returned with his food, Raphael started the conversation up again. "By the way, what good places are there to stay at around here? Before I take in the sights, I should probably get a room, or something. Somewhere cheap would be preferable." He smiled at her again, noticing the lack of a nametag on her breast, "By the way, my name's Raphael" he said, extending his hand.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 4:43 pm

The waitress smiled again and said, "Pleasure to meet you hun. I'm Issy. There's a few motels down the road a ways where you could stay, or the hotel closer to the centre of town." She shook his hand briefly and headed back to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Magic_Michael

Magic_Michael

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:02 am

An unassuming man had been sitting at the local Port authority bus terminal in prolonged silence. He looked like he was in deep thought.
"I think I'll be Kasper today", he thought to himself.

Kasper had gotten off the greyhound bus to this little obscure town, everything he owned in a Hawaiian themed duffel bag, including the pickle jar with plucked left thumb nails. He didnt intend to visit this town, what he wanted was to get far and away. Far and away led him here.

He had noticed all the odd looks he had been getting from the rent-a-cops. Nervously he grabbed his bag and left while avoiding eye-contact.
"I should eat", he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:07 am

The bus terminal was fairly empty, this being a Monday morning, and the security guards were bored. They noticed one man sitting at the terminal for a bit and were eying him, curious. Down the road a ways was a diner.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Roz looked over at Amelia and raised an eyebrow. "Any opinions? Because my only thought is 'novel I don't have to read for class'."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:58 am

Amelia gave a tiny shrug and said, "that works for me..."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:52 am

"Great."

Roz looked at the clock. 20 more minutes. Could these classes go any slower?
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:44 am

Amelia pulled out her schedule and looked it over. Turning to the girl beside her she began to ask, "where's-" when suddenly the fire alarm went off. The teacher mumbled something about unexpected fire drills and corralled the students and began leading them outside.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Roz looked around skeptically.

"I didn't think they were supposed to tell us whether or not it's a drill. Makes it more real or something."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:31 pm

The teacher gave Roz a scathing look and pointed at the line of students saying, "just follow them out!" Before grabbing a class list and moving to lead the students to their gathering spot.
Back to top Go down
Magic_Michael

Magic_Michael

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 12:27 am

Kasper dug into his steak, raw as can be. The blood trickled out unto his plate as the knife carved the meat with each slice.

It always started with blood. He closed his eyes while he savored a morsel in his mouth, the sight of blood still trickled at the back of his eye-lids. Then the trickle was a stream, soon a flood. A flood of blood filled him up in all the empty corners of his being until the blood wasnt red anymore. It was black, like a tumor, pressing against the back of his brain. His head felt like exploding again, he needed to release the pressure, let the blood out, he needed to kill.

He opened his eyes and saw across from him a young man who looked like a fish out of water. He looked like prey.
Back to top Go down
cynicalConquestar

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 1:08 am

[Earlier That Morning]

A middle aged man sits at a large wooden desk in the middle of a well lit room. The walls of the room were adorned with a myriad of pictures, some of these were of his teachers from his religious studies, others were of the various religious leaders that he had met during his travels, some seemed to be family members and the rest were paintings of some of the places that he had traveled to. On the far wall rested a large wooden bookcase, housing an assortment of books ranging from various bible translations, to hymnals, to books theology, to religious texts of Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Shinto and other various faiths. On top of the man's desk lay (in front of a mess of papers) a name plate. Minister Gregory Dae it read.

The man stared at his computer, his eyes flitting between his screen and the jumbled mess of papers on his desk. After much deliberation he typed a fey words onto the keyboard, before thinking better of himself and undoing what he'd just typed. He sighed and switched windows. He hadn't liked the last window. It had been a series of emails regarding a sensitive, delicate, nerve-wracking matter that had been trying his rather superb patience. This one was worse. He sighed again, pinching the bridge of his nose and leaning back his head. The bottom line was that his church was broke. Not to say that the United church of Canada as a whole was broke. However, his presbytery, in a relatively small town, in modern society where donating to the church on Sundays was becoming less and less frequent, [i] that church[i/], was broke. Greg glanced at the time: 8:28. In an uncharacteristic move on his part, he had skipped breakfast this morning and rushed to work. Gregory stood up, grabbing his keys and indicating to the Office Manager that he was going to get some breakfast and that h'd return in an hour or so.

As he left the church building and walked to the car, Greg paused and looked up to the sky. He closed his eyes, a moment later he reopened them, taking in the sky with the eyes that changed his life for a full minute. He closed his third eye and opened the door of his car, muttering to himself as he did.

"A rough start to the day, I suppose it can only get better from here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: restart   Dresden: restart Empty

Back to top Go down

Dresden: restart
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next