Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:44 am

Juliet rolled her eyes as she looked back to the trail. She opened her mouth with a short exasperated sigh and spoke, "Cool then... you wanted to discuss Kathy?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:51 am

Inigo maintained his even tone and looked straight ahead. "If you like. What the hell were you thinking back there?" There was no anger in his words, and did his voice did not raise in the slightest. Nonetheless, his reproach was clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:00 am

"Banana chips mostly," she started with a light dose of sarcasm, "I was thinking about the warlock in front of us and how to deal with it. You?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:12 am

"To start?" Inigo said, stopping his progress through the forest. "I was reassessing the entire previous year, trying to figure out how it impacted my own experiences, as well as what the revelations we faced would do to every member of the Vanguard. I was trying to figure out what to do for myself and everyone in the room with me, as well as gauge the stances of everyone else while planning. I was figuring out ethically what to do when confronted with someone who had broken one of the laws of magic, and used an ancient artifact to circumvent another one, but did so for relatively benign reasons and had resulted in a child being resurrected - said child was, of course, the only child of the warlock, and had no one else in the world to care for her, just to complicate things. I was wondering to what degree I was responsible for the actions of those around me, and how much control I both had and should exert over the situation. Also, I was trying to figure out why the youngest member of our group was steadfastly holding on to a deadly weapon the power of which we still don't know and trying to stare me down, despite my telling her to relinquish said weapon three times. It was a complicated moment." Throughout his short speech, Inigo still kept his voice and temper even, but an edge of steel crept ever so slightly in towards the end.
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:33 am

"Cool, right so can I just ask?" Juliet shot out the words before she leaned onto a tree, "How many fucking sob stories are we going to roll over for just because they point kitten eyes at us and explain their not technically breaking the law. What happens if Katherine decides she's had enough of the deal- better yet, what happen if her kid decides that? We just gonna sit there and go 'oops, oh-no, but at least we tried, right?' as the body count increases?"
She paused for barely even a second, "actually fuck it, the answer to that one's probably long winded. You wanna know the point of our little staring contest. I wanted to know just how far you guys were willing to go just to put me in my place. Frankly, I'm less impressed with Ellie What with the vines and all. Point is, just putting aside the history I have with the group, after nearly two years of sleeping in hay, hunting a murderer, brutalizing Nazis and knights, did you honestly think I was going to do anything to endanger the group? And before you answer, that one is rhetorical."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Inigo gave Juliet a disbelieving look. "Do you even think before you speak? What happens if the woman who is surrounded by trained warlock-hunters and supremely powerful wizards decides to go against the deal that is keeping her and her daughter, for whom she dedicated her entire being for over a decade to bring back, alive? What if a twelve-year-old girl with no remarkable abilities decides to go on a killing spree? Easy, they die pretty much immediately, same as if we hadn't interfered. And I would stake my life that it wouldn't happen anyway. If I had any official standing in the Court, I would have, as a matter of fact. I soulgazed Katherine, Juliet. I'm not the imbecile you seem to take me for.

"But let's say for a moment that the absolute worst comes to pass. Someone in the Court goes rogue, say, and kills Anne with the belief that she shouldn't be alive, causing Katherine to go on a rampage. She'd at best manage to kill a couple people before someone gets her. At that point we mourn what happened, and the next time we find someone in desperate need of help, we still give it to them. What's the alternative? If someone's broken a law, just kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out? Is that what you think the Vanguard should be? A firing squad? A team of assassins going out and slaughtering those with whom we disagree? If that's what you think we should be doing, you are not welcome. We have enough problems without worrying if one of the team is going to go rogue and start killing people. What's more, if you think it's right to kill people, I've got very little to say to you - you don't know what you're talking about.

"And really, that's what's at the heart of all this. You can't keep living in your world of black-and-white. It's a child's worldview, thinking everyone we face is an evil warlock who must be punished. That's not how the world works, and you've got to grow up if you want to keep doing this. And no, I don't think you'd do anything to endanger the group, I know you would. You did, back there and elsewhere. There is a hierarchy to the Vanguard, and you are near the bottom of it. If I give you an order, you do it, because I am in charge. I am in charge because I know better than you do. Your act of insubordination could have actively threatened the well-being of any one of us. If it had been a trap, which we did not know at the time that it wasn't, then your distraction could very well have gotten any one of us killed. We were so busy trying to make sure you wouldn't do anything stupid we weren't able to pay as much attention to the warlock as we should have.

"The best reason for why your little stunt didn't get anyone killed is because your greatest fears about Katherine are, in fact, baseless. She had a pretty solid opportunity to spring any trap she may have had on us right then and there, when we were all focused on you, yet she didn't. We're all pretty lucky my assessment of her was on point, since I hadn't soulgazed her yet. You want to test how far we'd go to put you in your place? Consider that perhaps that was never about you. And making it about you could have gotten you or any one of us killed. To say that's unacceptable is entirely insufficient. What you did back there was unconscionable. Your reckless behaviour and self-centered attitude made an already difficult situation vastly more complicated.

"Ellie's reaction was entirely justifiable. Do you know what she does as the Fall Knight? I don't, exactly, but it's made her ready for the worst in just about anybody. When someone you're supposed to be able to trust refuses to give up an extremely dangerous item in a tense moment with no discernible reason and an obvious hatred for someone in the room, her reflex of incapacitating the threat in a non-lethal way is not only decent, it's praise-worthy.

"Stop thinking you know all the answers, kid. You're wrong."
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:07 am

She just stood there while her ears we're talked off. The more words she heard, the tighter her face got till her brow was crushing her eyes. I was then end of his speech, however, when she noticed her face had lost the will to continue and she found herself jaded.
As the moments past she didn't bother making eye contact. All she could think about was a pushing feeling, unneeded again. She just pulled out the thermos and took a sip only to be revolted by the taste this time. Immediately, she dumped the rest on the ground, not bothering to put it back as she past by Inigo and headed back the way she came. The only other thing she did was pull out her phone and start texting as she stormed off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:14 am

Inigo watched Juliet trudge off. After a few moments he spoke out. "I guess now my question for you is this: now that I've said my piece, what are you going to do about it?"
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:16 am

"Would have just been easier to say 'you're fired'," she said not bothering to look back, "Bye."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:18 am

"Except I didn't say 'You're fired' because you aren't."
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:24 am

"Fine then, I quit, whatever?" her head turned to glance a similar 'whatever' expression. She instantly looked back down to press send on the phone and stuff it back in her pocket, "Same result right?"
Her pace quickened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:27 am

Inigo still remained in place. "Not really. In one case I give up on you for a lost cause. In the other, you give up on yourself when nobody else has. I'd call that a significant difference."
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:29 am

She rolled her eyes and carried on, leaving him behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:32 am

"Is that it then?" Inigo called after her, raising his voice only high enough for her to be able to still hear him. "You're going to leave behind a group of people who actively want you around and care about your well being because someone said some harsh things to you?"
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:44 am

"Always the little cuts, right?" she spoke in her normal talking voice at first, only turning her head back to audibly say, "I don't see you doing much to sto-"
She cut her self off when here phone jingled a notification. Instantly, her attention shifted to read the message. A quick genuine smile peeked on her face when she did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:51 am

Inigo walked a short ways after her, so he could talk to her without raising his voice. "If you really want to go, I won't stop you. Not much I could do, really. If you don't want to be a part of this anymore, then keeping you around would only make things worse. I think it would be a mistake, though."
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:58 am

"Oh, please tell, I'm just dying to fucking hear how stupid you think my decisions are," As she spewed out the unsubtle sarcasm, she unconsciously sped up her pace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:01 am

"For the most part? Not that bad. Certainly no worse than what I did at your age." Inigo said, keeping pace without much difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:08 am

"Oh, now you get to sob story me," More crossed her mind, but she decided against turning around to encourage him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:12 am

"No, now I tell you that for all your mistakes, your running away now and not learning anything from them would be far and away the stupidest call you've ever made. Everything else? Understandable and potentially excusable, but this? It would trump going on a mission high, recklessly throwing yourself into a fray, or thoughtlessly endangering the lives of everyone I care about with ease. It would be a slap in the face to everyone who cares about you here; responding to kindness with cruelty. It is foolish, and it is beneath you."
Back to top Go down
Gaia Rai

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:32 am

"And when the next big thing comes along and when find ourselves here again, we can all reminisce about how well the old bonding session went. Thank you but I think it best we don't allow that to happen. This is just getting rid of the problem, So take the know it all shit and go do what I said I should have done at the beginning. You have my number, call me if you need a window fixed," a little warm feeling spurred inside her when she broke the tree line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017   

Back to top Go down

Dresden: The J.J. VS. Inigo Heart to Heart Reconciliation Feels-a-thon 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3