Roleplay 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bounty-ful

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:40 pm

The tiny, run-down airship sat in a quiet corner of the docks that was fortunately being ignored by the city docking authorities, as the berth was underpaid by about a week already. Obviously, the dock warden hadn't wanted to spend the time walking all the way out there, especially in this weather. Rain poured from the sky, clinking off of the airship's roof in most places and sinking through it in others. The sole window opened and someone emptied a bucket of water out of it to fall a hundred feet onto the mountain below--the cheap parts of the docks were also the most dangerous.

Inside the airship, a knife thudded into a soft table and was shortly pulled out. Thud. Yank. Thud. Yank. Thud-

"If you keep doing that, we won't have a table left either," Aurelia said wryly, putting the bucket back under one of the several leaks."

"Doesn't matter much at this point," Kestrel replied, stabbing the knife into the table once again, "I'm already in for an airship--what's a table or two at this point?"

"It'll look pretty unprofessional when someone shows up about the bounty notice."

"If. If someone shows up." Kestrel stared moodily at the open airship door. "Everyone probably took one look at the place and turned around."

Aurelia cocked her head to the side.

"I'm not entirely sure that's true. Those might be footsteps. Hard to tell with the rain, though."

Kestrel snorted, "With our luck so far, it's probably the dock warden."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Thea looked at the ship, a bit more skeptical of it now that she was up close, but it would probably provide the best adventure! The rain seemed to hit an invisible barrier as it got close to her and bounced off, leaving her looking comfortable and dry. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Ephraim approached the ship and saw what appeared to be a young girl standing in front of it. "Hello there!" He called out, "You here about the bounty notice too?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Thea turned to look at the man behind her, and apprised him. He looked like the kind of person you'd expect to see on an adventure, so she supposed that he would be a good companion. She gave a little wave and called out,
"Hello! Yep, that's why I'm here! I'm not sure if anyone else is though..."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 pm

At the sound of voices, Kestrel paused. Her knife quivered in the table.

"I'm not hearing things, am I? There's really people out there?"

Aurelia raised an eyebrow. "I'm sure they'll go away if you wait long enough."

Ignoring her, Kestrel shoved herself away from the table, tipping over her chair behind her as she got up and ran to the door. She paused a moment before exiting to try to maintain some semblance of dignity, then stepped through the door.

"I don't suppose you're here about the bounty notice, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Thea smirked a bit (though disguising it as a regular smile), having heard the exchange and tipping of chairs inside, then replied,
"Yep! It seems as though we're both here for that purpose! Are you the captain?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Kestrel tried to suppress an insane grin at being called "Captain" and was only partially successful. She smoothed her jacket and stood a little straighter.

"Why, yes, I am. But you can just call me Kestrel. Why don't you both step inside so we can discuss this out of the rain?"

Then she thought for a moment, looking Thea up and down.

"Aren't you a little... Er... Small for bounty hunting?"

Last edited by Akiralta on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Thea smiled at Kestrel as she walked passed her into the ship.
"Size isn't everything..." she said
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:39 pm

"Yeah, I know. Aurelia's pretty petite and she's way more deadly than most six-footers. But you look younger than my little sister and I wouldn't want her running bounties, even if she was as capable as me. It's a question of... What do you call it?" she asked Aurelia.

"Ethics, I think," Aurelia said dryly, "And I somehow get the feeling that our guest here is a bit older than your sister."

Aurelia had thrown a tablecloth over the damaged table. Though it was old, it at least looked better than the rest of the place. Kestrel pulled another chair up and sat. It looked like there would just be room for the four of them in the crowded galley, though someone would have to squeeze into place and sit slightly crouched in order to fit in between the table and the wall of the ship.

And I thought sailing would be glamourous! Kestrel thought with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 pm

"Indeed" Ephraim agreed, "based upon the fact that she isn't getting wet, I'd say probably either a fae or demon who is intentionally appearing younger than she is for some unknown purpose." "And as such, we shan't trust her completely at this time" he added mentally.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 am

"you're guesses are correct, I am older that my appearance would indicate." Thea said, smiling, "I find I gather less attention this way, so that people don't know I'm different at first glance."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am

"Though, why you show up to a first meeting with potential companions in the same manner, especially especially since you might cause concern that way, is a tad confusing." Ephraim said.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:18 am

"Well, it's mostly for the other people around, not the potential companions." Thea said, "and I'm used to this form. People are nicer to children than adults, and it works with the small size better..."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:13 pm

"Well, it's great to sit around chatting, but we should probably get down to business," Kestrel said. At this, Aurelia slid smoothly into the cramped seat, somehow managing to look dignified all the while.

Damn. Wish I could do that. I'd probably whack my head and trip over the chair, Kestrel thought ruefully.

"Any questions about why we're here or what we're planning to do?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 pm

"I have a couple." Ephraim said, "Why exactly are we here, and what precisely are we going to do? The notice wasn't especially helpful in those regards."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Aurelia raised an eyebrow at Kestrel.

"Just how vague did you make those posters?"

Kestrel coloured. "Shut up. I didn't want anyone taking my strategy. Though it looks like I'll have to change it anyways, based on the people I'm getting." She sighed. "We're after a man called Ghom Warden. He's a crooked navy man that robbed the treasury, bought a ship and headed out to parts unknown, along with a few cronies. He's hard to find, which is why the bounty's high, but him and his crew aren't fighters. We think. Before I start talking specifics, we'll have to agree on a split."

"60-40.," Aurelia said cooly, "That's 20% for each of you, plus bonus for extra abilities or duties. And you can trust us to be fair in determining that. Well, you can trust Kestrel, anyways."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 am

"Oh, I don't worry too much about the money." Ephraim said confidently, taking a seat in the too-small chair nearest him and looking at Aurelia, "I'll do my job, and I'll do it well, that much I will assure you. What I am wondering, however, is why the first-mate seems to be the one in charge."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:07 am

Kestrel's face grew redder. Aurelia glanced over and averted the imminent explosion by choosing that moment to speak up.

"I'm logistics. I have some experience in equipment procurement and pay scales, so I'm responsible for that half of the operation. Kestrel chooses the operation and plans the tactics. Make no mistake--she's in charge of the operation."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 am

"It all sounds fine to me..." Thea said, "but why do you have to change your plan? You don't know what we can do so for all you know your original plan could work..."
Thea chose to look around the room rather than sit down right away. She quickly realized that there was not much to it, and sat down at the table, having the opposite problem with the chair to Ephraim, as they seemed a bit large. She thought that in the future she would sit where Aurelia was currently seated, as she could fit better into the tiny space.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 pm

"Indeed," Ephraim agreed, "to make such a judgement would be a tad hasty unless the plan involved our appearances themselves somehow, and even then there's still no guarantee for consistency; I could be a demon for all you know."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Kestrel sighed.

"Well, a plan based on tricking the guy means that appearance can be big. And I wasn't thinking about you so much as the short one. Don't get me wrong--this could make things a lot easier."

"And if you are demonkin, you aren't full-blood," Aurelia interjected, "Or the girl's rain shield would have wavered when you got close."

Kestrel frowned at Aurelia. "Stop being a know-it-all."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 pm

"My name is Thea, and what does my size have to do with your plan?" Thea asked, "Were you going to attempt to intimidate the thieves?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:00 am

Ephraim smiled at Aurelia, "I think I'm going to like working with you." After this, he looked back to Kestrel, "Anyways, yes, what is the plan?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:09 am

Kestrel sighed. "Well, the plan involves drawing off as many of his goons as we can so we can grab him and get out with as little fuss as possible. A lost little girl wouldn't draw too much suspicion and if she can use magic to get herself out of there quick, there's less danger on that front. But before we start making solid plans, we need to get some intel."

"And we need to know you're committed," Aurelia said firmly, "I drew up a couple of contracts. They're not too complicated, but they're embedded with truth spells. They'll flash white if you're lying about anything, especially your intentions. Nothing to worry about, as long as you don't plan on stabbing us in the back."

Neither Kestrel nor Aurelia mentioned that truth spells were a very inexact science, judging probability of intent and body language more than anything else. Kestrel didn't mention it because she hadn't liked the idea of spelled contracts in the first place, Aurelia because she wanted the competitive edge. They exchanged a glance as Aurelia handed out the contracts, but otherwise said nothing.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm

"You are aware of the limits of these truth spells?" Thea asked, "they are based on probability not fact...despite this, they give a good indication of a person's intent."

Thea signed the contract, then handed it back.

"As to the plan," she continued, "I cannot use magic to 'get myself out of there quick' I believe you said, but I can protect myself from harm and get myself away from danger fairly easily."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bounty-ful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful Empty

Back to top Go down

Bounty-ful
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay 2.0 :: Roleplays :: Roleplays-
Jump to: