Roleplay 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dresden: Time Warp

Go down 
+2
InvaderCom
Akiralta
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:35 pm

"Very well." said Holland with a sigh. "Though I am still curious as to what exactly does the night roaming around here. Once you've been in the monster business long enough, you get really tired if the pronoun game."
Back to top Go down
Ryvuos

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:22 pm

"The only value I have in a fight is my ability to hit things with a car. No car, no value." John added to support Lynnette's wise decision further.
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Holland sighed for what felt like the millionth time that day. "I need to commune with spirits, and if you've looked at most graveyards, they're pretty empty during the day. Also, nighttime tends to limit the odd looks I get." He didn't feel like explaining the eating habits of his lantern, as most people jumped to the conclusion that it was devouring souls and branded it as evil. It was decidedly the opposite, as what the lantern did was more akin to cutting the anchor off a boat stuck in a river.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:44 am

"If you must go," Lynnette began, "we shall go, but perhaps closer to dawn. I think it best to leave the injured and weaponless behind."
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:13 am

"Thank you." said Holland, nodding in agreement to Lynnette's conditions. "As long as I can do it fairly soon, that's fine." For all the spirit of the lantern had done for him, he was rather poignant about feeding it in a timely manner.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 12:56 pm

Lynnette gave him a small smile and a nod before asking,
"My vision showed we meet in the far future, but it was limited to a single setting. It would be best if I do not learn too much ahead of time as that could change our destiny's and could result in bad outcomes. I ask that you refrain from telling me of myself in this future. It seems as though that is yet to pass for me, and it would be best if I don't know too much."
Having second thoughts she asked again, "Did I seem to recognize you then? If not it could be an alternate version..." she trailed off.
Back to top Go down
cynicalConquestar

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:21 am

Nomei frowned at hearing that Halland had found Inigo. She waited until Lynnette trailed off before she voiced her concerns, "Just Inigo, Halland? No Juliet?"
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:32 am

Holland shook his head apologetically. "No, I'm sorry. Inigo was pretty far away. My guess is the only reason I felt him was because of the strong link I have to him. Even as it is, I just have a rough direction to follow."

Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Lynette looked from one to the other, "I'm sure we will be able to find all of your companions, especially if the others stand out as much as you did..."
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Holland looked around the group, and then to Lynnette, then chuckled. "Yes, we are definitely not, well, dressed for the times, if you will."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 5:06 pm

"There are spared clothes here if anyone needs them," Lynnette began, "it would certainly aid in blending in..."
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Holland looked down at what he was wearing. "But I like my coat." He said in a mock-pitiful voice, adding in a less silly tone, "Personally, I'd rather stick with my modern fabrics. Besides, we're not the most inconspicuous group at the best of times."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 am

"That's all very well," Lynnette began, a small smile on her face, "though you do not appear to have brought a change of clothing..."
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:37 pm

"Well,  I have enough of the necessities to last me for a few days,  and pants don't have to be changed daily." in response to the odd looks he no doubt got from everyone else,  he said, "What? I like to be prepared.  We were deep in the woods and getting lost was a definite possibility."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Lynette smiled at him and replied, "preparation is key when venturing into danger."
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:41 am

Holland smiled and said, "Preaching to the choir."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm

"That is an interesting phrase," Lynette said, looking puzzled, "can you explain what it means?"
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 4:45 pm

"It means we are already of the same belief or opinion on a subject."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:33 pm

"Ah," Lynette said, peering out the window, "now would be a good time to rest if you are still inclined to go to the cemetery just before dawn."
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:54 pm

"A splendid idea!" said Holland. "I, for one, have had more than enough of being awake for one day."

Last edited by InvaderCom on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 12:53 am

The night passed quickly, and, shortly before dawn, Holland was out in the cemetery, hunting ghosts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 1:25 am

It was not a busy graveyard, though there was one wraith. Both Holland and the lantern liked to find wraiths; the lantern because of the excess life energy they consumed from other spirits, Holland because it meant one less wraith to harm other spirits. There was only one spirit still wandering the yard; a once middle ages man. With some talking, Holland brought him to terms with his passing, and the lantern freed him to move on. Both satisfied, Holland went back to the house.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 am

Lynette stood guard while Holland and the lantern worked. She grew wary a few times when she saw figures in the distance, but luckily none approached. Likely they went after easier targets. She was relieved when the sun started to peek out over the horizon and Holland had finished up.
"Where and when shall we begin the search for your friend?" she asked him when they neared the house.
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 11:26 am

"As for when," said Holland, "I'd like to go as soon as Elli is able to. As for direction, I'm going to have to meditate again to fund that." Holland sat down on the floor and did just that, setting a compas in front of him. He had a rough idea of the direction, so he focused his energies in that direction. Once he'd found Inigo's presence again, he looked at the commas in front of him to see what direction it was coming from.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Holland sensed that Inigo was located towards the heart of the city nearby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dresden: Time Warp   Dresden: Time Warp - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dresden: Time Warp
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next