Roleplay 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bounty-ful

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Akiralta

Bounty-ful - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Aurelia once again smiled in a fashion that showed both charm and caution.

"Delicious."

In the mean time, Kestrel grabbed Thea's plate of veggies.

"If you're sure. Thanks. The plan is to take off and scout the area as soon as we have enough info, but we might have to wait for our source to find a few things out before we can take off."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:57 am

"That is very good to hear," Ephraim said, taking another bite, "few places really appreciate what bleu means; it is good to find somewhere that does."
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am

"Indeed," Aurelia nodded, "I'll have to remember to try it here in the future."

Everyone had barely finished eating when a young man, no older than about 15 came over.

"You're the folks looking to see Aki?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 pm

"That would be us." Ephraim confirmed, "Is she here?"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:05 pm

"She's waitin' for you in a room upstairs," the youth said, scratching dirty blond hair, "If you wanna follow me, it's the first one on the right."

Kestrel got up immediately to follow the young man. Aurelia lingered for a moment, taking a cautious glance around the room before heading after them.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Thea skipped after them, still acting the part of a child.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Ephraim waited for Aurelia to begin to stand before doing the same. "This is going to be very interesting." He said quietly, so only she would hear.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Aurelia raised an eyebrow but was otherwise expressionless.

"Let's hope not," she said in a flat tone just as quiet as Ephraim's.

Unsurprisingly, the youth led them to the first room on the right at the top of the stairs. Though the room was sparsely furnished, the walls were thick and had traces of anti-listening spells that would be evident to those with mage-sight. There was a small window on the wall opposite the door, but the window was closed and bore the same traces of anti-listening spells. There was a worn table with a drawer and half a dozen old chairs arranged in a roughly circular fashion, with one chair sitting opposite them.

The youth cleared his throat.

"If you folks wanna have a seat, Aki'll be by shortly."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:21 pm

"Nothing wrong with interesting." Ephraim whispered, brushing past Aurelia to sit down.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:24 am

"There is when I'm trying to keep someone safe," Aurelia said bluntly, sitting in a chair not far from Ephraim. Kestrel chose the chair closest to the table.

"Izzat ev'rybody?" the youth asked, still standing by the door.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Thea looked around the room, then sat near Aurelia and Ephraim. In response to the boy's question, she said,
"Yep! That's all!"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:39 pm

"Oh, don't worry, I have no intention of harming anybody, certainly not our captain." Ephraim whispered back to Aurelia, careful to make sure Thea didn't hear, "I am simply intrigued, that is all."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:06 pm

"I'll hold you to that," Aurelia replied, "With my blade, if need be. But you're not the only one I'm worried about."

The youth closed the door and turned the key in the lock. The anti-listening spells flared to life. He walked around the group to sit in the chair on the other side of the table, slinging himself across the chair to rest on the arms. He grabbed his messy blond hair and pulled; the wig came off easily, revealing spiky red hair cut in a much more feminine fashion.

"So, what is it you folks are looking for?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:34 pm

"Now that would be interesting" Ephraim thought, before speaking to she who was (presumably) Akiralta, "Information, quite simply."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Akiralta raised both eyebrows, clearly unimpressed.

"Well, I'd think that much would be obvious."

Kestrel cleared her throat.

"It's a man we're after. Name of Ghom Warden. Took off with half a treasury, so we're after the bounty. We're hoping you'll find him for us for a share of the bounty, since we hear you work on spec."

Akiralta was silent for a minute.

"You've come at a bad time. I'm going to be tied up with something else over the next few days in town here, so I can't be gallivanting all over the mountains. Now..." she trailed off, looking thoughtful, "Maybe we can propose a trade of sorts. Your information gathering for my task in town here. No money involved."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Ephraim looked skeptically from Akiralta to Aurelia and Kestrel, "This should be good" he thought wryly.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Kestrel frowned.

"What sort of trade?"

Akiralta sighed, ruffling her hair absently. She took a moment to begin.

"There's a man in this town, Jaston Counter. He was an accountant for the Marid family up until a couple of weeks ago, when he suddenly grew a conscience, gathered up his things and a a few notes on the Marid businesses, and struck out for Litan. He'd be dead already if he hadn't been smart about it--he told them he was heading out to visit relatives and they only figured it out a couple of days ago. Long story short, I need the info he has, but he doesn't trust anybody. The Marids have sent an assassin, which helps me out if I play it right. If he knows I saved him from an assassin, he might trust me. Or, at least he'll trust whoever saves him. Looking at all of you, I just realized that it doesn't have to be me. If you get my drift."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 pm

"So, you get the relatively low-risk job of information gathering through your unknown contacts and special methods, while we take down a professional killer?" Ephraim asked, "I will admit, you certainly know how turn a situation to your advantage."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:52 pm

Akiralta shrugged.

"There's four of you, and he's only expecting to take out a bookkeeper. Meanwhile, you get my best work, and to encourage you to do yours, I'll throw in a freebie at some point in the future."

She looked from face to face.

"If you want a few minutes to talk it over, I'll leave you to it."

Akiralta placed the messy wig back on her head, adjusting it in a manner that seemed extremely well-practiced. She re-formed her expression into that of a dull youth again and ambled over to the door, exiting and closing it behind her. Aurelia got up and turned the key in the lock. She turned back to the others.

"Well. What do we have to say about that?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:25 am

"Sounds like fun to me!" Thea said, "I left home looking for adventure, so I'm good. Besides, we have a lot of talents that the assassin won't be expecting."
As she finished speaking, there was a bit of a glimmer in her eye, as she was excited about the prospect of finally getting an adventure.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:14 am

Aurelia raised an eyebrow.

"Huh. And here I was, thinking that the whole thing sounded unnecessarily dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 am

"Well, what are our options?" Ephraim asked, "it seems to me like it might be necessary danger if we want to get this guy."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Kestrel noded slowly.

"I agree. Our biggest problem will be taking out the assassin in a way that Counter will see without getting him killed. We'd have to bungle it pretty bad for the assassin to start going after us."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:13 am

"Not necessarily," Ephraim said, "the killer was hired by the Marids. If they really don't want to take any chances, this could be far more dangerous than you'd think. If we do this, it probably won't be easy, she" he said, referring to Akiralta, "is probably downplaying the danger so we're more willing to agree. Worst case, we all die, she doesn't get her information, but at least she's still alive. Best case, she doesn't risk her own neck, and in return gets something potentially extremely valuable."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 7:13 pm

"But she was originally planning to do it on her own," Kestrel pointed out, "So it can't be too bad. Though I guess we don't have any idea what she's actually capable of. Since the Marids are sending the assassin, I bet it's one guy for discrete-ness who's just really well trained."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bounty-ful   Bounty-ful - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bounty-ful
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay 2.0 :: Roleplays :: Roleplays-
Jump to: