Roleplay 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gods and Men

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Akiralta

Gods and Men - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Jocasta snorted.

"I doubt you can afford me, man. I don't take half rates. It's either full pay or charity."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:36 am

The man pulled a gold ring off of a string around his neck. Holding it out, anyone nearby could tell it was quite expensive with a very rare gem set in the centre, and more gems circling around it.
"It was my wife's before she died, and if it means getting a young girl back with her family, I know my wife would want me to use it. Please take it as a payment and help me! It's worth a lot..."
Back to top Go down
InvaderCom

InvaderCom

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Axel sighed. "We might as well help. We aren't going to be able to continue with our journey until Lillia has recovered."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm

"I'm okay..." Lillia said quietly while leaning on the doorway, "really..."
Lillia seemed to be telling the truth, as her skin seemed a more pink and healthy colour, and her breathing was more regular.
"Just need a little more sleep tonight than usual..."
As usual for her, she was much more talkative than normal due to slight shock from her healing.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Jocasta held out a hand.

"Let's see."

She examined the ring briefly and nodded. "That'll do. But we'll need some more details before we go in to tackle this."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:32 pm

"Last I saw they were holed out in the east end of the village in the tavern. I'm not sure exactly why they're there or what's been happening since I was hurt. I'm sorry but I don't have any more information about it than that. Oh! Wait! When I first was forced to join those men, I saw the leader speaking with a stranger in a dark hooded robe. I though this was a bit odd as I haven't seen a lot of strangers in this area in the time we've lived here, and he seemed to almost be in charge..."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Jocasta snorted. "Of course you have more information. Were they armed? Are they professionals? What does this tavern look like, how many exits are there and how many men do they have guarding them at one time? Do they want to be there or are they just afraid of this man? And what's going to happen when we take them out? How deadly do you want us to be?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:34 pm

The man looked a bit overwhelmed by all the questions, but set about answering them anyways.
"They had a few swords and bows, I don't really know what you mean by professionals, as they're just men from the village, it's an old run down tavern, with the main entrance and a back door- though I suppose in a pinch you could use one of the three windows as an exit- and I have no idea if anyone's on guard or not, I'm not entirely sure if they want to be there or not, or if maybe some of them do, I know many of them have wives and children so I would prefer if you didn't seriously harm any of them. They also have important jobs to do for the town, so losing any of them would be a strain on the village."

Lillia yawned and leaned her head back against the doorway before sliding down to sit with her legs across the door and her back and head against the frame.
"I'll help if I can..." she mentioned to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Jocasta shook her head.

"Girlie, you're a liability in a fight. Same with Book-brain. No, I'm not going to risk getting you two in the middle of this. Not when I have some nice, burly men here to help me."

Jocasta grinned at the man who had brought them there. Once again, it wasn't a nice grin.
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm

"Wait!" the man said, "You want the four of us to go up against all of them? Are you crazy? We need some sort od strategy first!"
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Jocasta rolled her eyes.

"Zath, Shara and Yir above, do you think I'm a moron? Of course we need strategy, but what's going to happen if the plan goes south? I can't protect the hostage, myself, glow-girl and the kid. You're a decent fighter and you're already involved. Buck up, laddie, you're coming with us."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm

The man grumbled a bit, but finally agreed to go with her.
"So..." he asked, "what's the plan?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

"What're our assets?" Myrddin piped up, looking at Jocasta.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hatmanandfalcon.com
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:07 pm

"Hmm, let's see. A forest man and his wolf, a mercenary, a decent village fighter, a fainting glow-in-the-dark healer and a know-it-all. We have three swords between us, a crossbow, a longbow and a couple of daggers. Rope, cooking pots, basic rations, dried meat, a couple of blankets, a tent and a bedroll. One horse that won't spook easy but won't be any good in a fight. Anything I'm missing?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:26 pm

"I have some poisons...some deadly and some not..." Ashera said, looking down at her feet, "they're difficult to administer though..."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:49 pm

"And therefore, unless we can get the people to consume them, they're not of use, and even then, if we're trying to be non-lethal there's no way to ensure there won't be an overdose as even if we had an inside man, individually dosing a large collection of people isn't feasible." Myrddin concluded. "What sort of numbers are we looking at, anyway? If we're trying to come up with a strategy, it would help to know how many people we're trying to incapacitate, and furthermore, I take exception to being called a know-it-all. I prefer the terms 'scholar' or 'intellectual' but you are correct that I wouldn't be useful in combat. And, I regret to inform you that I have nothing to add to our list besides my carving knife and funds."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 am

"I told you I'm not sure how many there are, especially now..." the man began, "there were a lot to start with, but some of them may have left like me when they saw what was happening...not that it did me any good..."

"What about a sedative?" Ashera asked Myrddin, "it's easier to administer..."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 pm

"You said you didn't know about guards, not people." Myrddin replied, "anyways, as for the sedative, unless we know exactly how many there are, and their weights, they'll start falling unconscious at different times, so unless we can dose them all simultaneously there is no way to ensure we'll get them all. Furthermore, the application, though easier, still requires getting it into their bloodstreams, which isn't simple. I'd say subterfuge is our best bet."
Back to top Go down
Akiralta

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Jocasta grinned.

"Keep talking, kid. I want to see what you come up with."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:43 pm

"You said that some may have left, that implies a certain internal unrest and uncertainty regarding the decision, yes?" Myrddin asked the man. "Now, you also said that they are holed out, which might make entrance rather difficult, but you are from around here, and were initially involved; do you think they'd take you back in? If so, our options open up."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:15 pm

The man shook his head saying,
"I made it pretty clear how I felt about the whole thing, and they knew about my injuries...they would know something was up if I went back."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:09 pm

"Okay... I can work with this." Myrddin said, closing his eyes to focus for a minute. "How on edge are they?" He asked after several seconds, not opening his eyes. "Would it be possible for us to get in at all?"
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm

"Well," the man began, "I believe the tavern is still open, so I'd assume they're in a back room or something, so a stranger coming into the town and going to the tavern wouldn't look odd, but I'm only guessing about that..."
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Admin
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:59 pm

"Trying wouldn't look odd, but I'm more concerned about actually getting in than not sticking out." Myrddin said "After all, if we succeed, it doesn't really matter if we stood out a bit, and if we fail... well, it won't matter either way. No matter, I'll just plan for either case."
Back to top Go down
Lillia
Lillia

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:58 pm

The man shrugged and said,
"Planning and strategy aren't my style, so you go on ahead and make some plans..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gods and Men   Gods and Men - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gods and Men
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next